At 06:03 21/10/2005, you wrote:
Not historical, but fun....

http://www.costume-con.org/CClink/CC13/Photos/pages/ff06.shtml

Sandy

At 11:02 PM 10/20/2005, you wrote:
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:14:28 -0700
From: Carolyn Kayta Barrows <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Rickrack work

>Does anyone know where I can get patterns or pattern booklets for rickrack
>work that does not involve knitting or crochet, just sewing the rickwork
>together in patterns?  I've seen a few Victorian and Edwardian garments
>that used it (the Victorians tended to call it "wavy braid") but not
>patterns that I can remember.

All of what I've seen involves crochet.  But I do own one printed sheet
from the Wright trim company, showing one how to make an early 1950s dress
entirely out of the stuff.  You might ask them if they have a copy in their
archives (because I can't find mine).

Could someone explain what "ric-rac" is? It doesn't seem to be what I understand. I have several cards of ric-rac braid I got in a sale, and would use it to sew on to a garment for decoration. It was a very popular trim in the mid 50's if I remember right - that's the 1950's! But ric-rac involving crochet is a total mystery to me. Yet another example of two countries separated by the same language?

Suzi