I haven't been able to get into this site all morning.
I think I know which picture you're talking about,
but I can't tell! Could someone send me a .jpg of it
directly?

MaggiRos

http://pintura.aut.org/BU04?Autnum=11507&Empnum=0&Inicio=61
> > Scroll down to Salom� con la cabeza de San Juan
> Bautista #12 I can't tell
> if
> > it is lace or pearlwork or both.
> > Love the sleeves.
>
> Given the way lace developed it is highly unlikely
> to be lace (It was
> still rather geometric even in the later 16thC and
> delicate foliate
> designs, as opposed to scrolling foliate, are later
> still). Also the
> Germans were rather less fond of lace than the
> English, French,
> Lowlanders, Spanish and Italians. What little you
> see later tends to
> be understated.

Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The
village was burning when we got here.

Anon.