That is the complete image I scanned in of that part
of the triptych, so anything further was not painted
(or has not survived). This is the full image I have.
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/sstormwatch/CostumeIdeas/?action=view&current=WithypoolAltr1514.jpg
( http://tinyurl.com/3ybmpy )

I have found the effigy monument that shows a short
gown over very long kirtle from Dr. Jane
Malcolm-Davies effigies web site.
The woman:
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/sstormwatch/CostumeIdeas/?action=view&current=95_main.jpg
( http://tinyurl.com/2kp5ay )
The view of her hem:
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/sstormwatch/CostumeIdeas/?action=view&current=95_137_main.jpg
( http://tinyurl.com/2kwfxq )

There is an interesting little note that Jane provided
with that image.
"The top layer (the gown) is shorter than the under
layer (the kirtle). This was described as
characteristic of Englishwomen's dress by the Venetian
ambassador in 1554 (quoted in Carter, A [1984] “Mary
Tudor’s Wardrobe” in Costume, 18, 20)."

This is part of what has spurred my search. I am
wondering just how short those gown skirts got.

Kimiko