The LAughing Moon Corset is the one I use to teach my corset workshops,
although I use both the Dore and the Silverado.  The Silverado has the
advantage of  having bust gores, which make it much easier to adjust the
bust fit (they can also be used as hip gores if extra fabric isneeded at
the hip.).  I would say that the instructions aren't bad, although I
 have my own corset method, which makes a much more durable corset than
I"ve ever made from a published pattern.  The main thing, is to get the
size right--and that means  make a muslin!  And make sure the side areas
aren't rubbing too high.

I haven't made a corset from TV patterns, although other patterns I"ve
used from TV, including many bodices, skirts and jackets, have worked out
extremely well.

Yours in cosutming,Lisa A