Hello,

I have built a new PC and I am trying to get suse 10.3 installed.

The install process goes fine but on reboot I find grub has not been
changed to "suse grub" ie the green splash and its boot options.

I still see the syllable os installed grub which is the basic white
writing on blue back ground. No entries have changed on syllable
grub.

I tried the suse 10.2 and 10.3 repair options but they cant find
a valid linux partition! It did find the linux swap partition however.

I am downloading sue 11.0 dvd but its going to take a few days to
get the 4.29Gb dvd iso.

The install picks up my old suse 10.3 update install so why doesnt
the repair boot manager?
Is there a problem with the 10.3 installer that messes something up?

Advice and suggestions please

Martin N