I use SUSE on all my computers.  SUSE has installed on all of them with no
problem except for one.  On this computer there is a problem with the
motherboard and which hard disk decides to boot up first.

Go into the BIOS and look to see if you modify which IDE port can be booted.
If you can change which IDE port can boot and you have more than one hard disk
here in may lie the problem.

As it is a new computer just use one hard disk to start with.
Check that the hard disk you are using has a primary partition on it and it is
active.
Check in the BIOS that that it is set to boot up from the Hard disk IDE port
first.

Other hard disks can be added after the SUSE is up and running

This should hopefully sort out the problem.

Note SUSE 11 is a lot faster than 10.3 so it is worth waiting for the 11.

John Eayrs