On Monday 09 February 2009 17:18:29 Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Keith Edmunds wrote:
> > On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:55:03 +0000, s...@funkygibbins.me.uk said:
> >> where the fault is finally passed on to BT, whereupon it is immediately
> >> fixed.
> >
> > Although I sympathise with the problems of getting faults escalated to BT
> > via an ISP, the phrase "immediately fixed" isn't one I've ever heard
> > applied to BT before (unless "immediately ~= 5 working days").
>
> But 5 days counts as immediate where BT are concerned!
>
> Fair point though Keith.
>
> Sean
>
> --
> The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
> mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. Frank Zappa

The problem is to go the BT route you have to have a fault that BT can
identify from there remote testing otherwise you have to be prepared to pay
the call out charge if BT visit and find no fault. You can't make the
assumption that if BT attend they will look at the ADSL side of things while
they are on site.

Best bet is a strongly worded letter to Demon customer service stating if they
don't arrange a BT visit then it is good bye.

Tim