On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 11:09 +0000, Stephen Pelc wrote:
> Vic said:
>
> > So before I apply for a MAC & move to a different ISP,
> > does anyone have any contacts that might be able to help
> > move things along? I only need them to escalate a fault,
> > and it's not like the customer would mind stumping up the
> > ?160-odd fee...
>
> Pretend it's a DNS problem and you get a techie in the UK!
>
> Otherwise do everything they say and then get the phone number
> of the OpenReach engineer if it's a line fault.
>
> Raising a complaint at Demon helps.
>
> We had a problem that the connection failed after spring rains.
> It took us two years to get the lines properly fixed. In the
> end, the problem was a BT exchange fault!
>
> Stephen
>
> --
> Stephen Pelc, step...@mpeforth.com
> MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time
> 133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England
> tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691
> web: http://www.mpeforth.com - free VFX Forth downloads

Ive got a mate (just the one, but I have one), who is with Zen. Pays £25
Per Month, but the service is 100%. Gets through to someone who knows
what their talking about, no script rubbish.
He had problems with the Bt exchange, and Zen reported the problem,
saying they were going to log it as a voice fault, and even told my mate
not to mention anything about ADSL.