> Otherwise do everything they say

That's the problem - doing everything they say is very difficult. There's
at least a full day elapsed just to run the tests they insist on - and I'm
not actually sure the results are being logged properly, since the app
falls over before it completes :-(

> and then get the phone number
> of the OpenReach engineer if it's a line fault.

That's what I'm trying to get - but Demon won't escalate.

> Raising a complaint at Demon helps.

I've already done that - albeit at the outsourced Customer Service line,
which sounds like it's the same place...

> We had a problem that the connection failed after spring rains.
> It took us two years to get the lines properly fixed. In the
> end, the problem was a BT exchange fault!

Yes, I remember it well :-)

This problem is clearly a line fault - it's a hissy line with such poor
SNR that the ADSL spends most of its time faulting. But getting that
report to the people who need to see it is proving very tricky indeed.

Vic.