Vic said:

> So before I apply for a MAC & move to a different ISP,
> does anyone have any contacts that might be able to help
> move things along? I only need them to escalate a fault,
> and it's not like the customer would mind stumping up the
> ?160-odd fee...

Pretend it's a DNS problem and you get a techie in the UK!

Otherwise do everything they say and then get the phone number
of the OpenReach engineer if it's a line fault.

Raising a complaint at Demon helps.

We had a problem that the connection failed after spring rains.
It took us two years to get the lines properly fixed. In the
end, the problem was a BT exchange fault!

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, step...@mpeforth.com
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691