Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/6/16 pavithran <pavithra...@gmail.com>:
>
>> How really cares about 20 -100 MB difference these days ? Can't you
>> afford a 20 GB hard disk :P
>>

> Not when the "disk" is soldered onto the motherboard in my Eee 900.
>
> The root filesystem on the eee is 4G, the home filesystem is 16G (in
> my setup). Running Ubuntu I run out of space now and then and so yes,
> 20-100MB matters deeply.

Same on my 701.  I have installed debian-eeepc (lenny), with xfce rather
than gnome or kde (kde filled up the disk when I first tried it).  I did
a full OO 2.4 install.  Still got 1.7GB of my 3.7GB "disk" left for my
files, and I can edit files from work with it, so I'm happy.  By the
way, debian-eeepc can be recommended for anyone who's tired of the
original xandros (which Asus appear to have abandoned).  It works pretty
well - I even get horizontal scroll on the touchpad!

Simon