Hi,

> But just because a piece of software crashes, is it any cause to call it crap,

Almost certainly not.

> You also say you give time and money to open source projects, are they slow to
> start, do they crash when used

They certainly have bugs, some of them annoying ones, but not ones
that have cost my company quite so much money.

>if so can I then call the project you to
> contribute to crap?? or should I say it still requires further development??

The latter would be fairer.

> I see Open Office like much of the software in Linux, still under going a
> development cycle, full of bugs but full of potential.
>
> Maybe a better choice of words should have been used.

I agree with you.  I'm just really pissed off about it as we really
have persevered for 2-3 years, hoping it'll improve.  Reluctantly
we've given up.  So yes, crap is probably a bit harsh.

S.
--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director