On 12/04/11 08:39, john lewis wrote:
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:46:38 +0100
Mark Johnson<m...@barrenfrozenwasteland.com>  wrote:

On Monday 11 Apr 2011 22:27:18 john lewis wrote:
Has anyone played with it yet?
I played with the Fedora-based live CD, I'd recommend you try that as
a good way to see how well it works with your set up.  There's some
nice touches in there, but nothing to tempt me away from KDE :-)
I am currently downloading the openSuSE live CD so will be able to
have a look at it myself.

I don't think anything would tempt me to move to KDE :-) All the
'comments' I've seen about it being the closest thing to windows for
linux newbies are enough to suggest I won't like the interface.

I was a very long time user of WindowMaker but lack of development
has meant that it is now a very old fashioned interface and I'd be
reluctant to go back to wmaker and give up the 'bells&  whistles' that
gnome provides.

Not having any high-powered machines, and having jumped to Openbox a few months ago I can't see that Gnome or KDE have any appeal (all flames are welcome...)

Owain