On 25/02/2012 18:19, Paul Tansom wrote:
** Chris Dennis<cgden...@btinternet.com>  [2012-02-25 14:43]:
Thanks for all the replies.

I've just scored a D-Link DIR-615 router on eBay for £10, which I'll use
for messing about with OpenWRT.  If that doesn't work, the Linksys
E-series look promising.  Presumably all the manufacturers and ISPs will
wake up to IPv6 eventually.

AIUI the firmware for the 615 Rev D4's does not support IPv6 in itself. However, it will happily pass IPv6 via WLAN to LAN/WAN and any bridges etc. you may or may not make. Unless, I'm missing something. I know for a clear fact both m0n0wall and routerboards work with any ISP doing PPPoX (IP6CP) & will work with a majority of tunnels.

I bought a couple of TP-Link WR841N (ver 7.2) from (of all places), Littlewoods for £32 quid. They run a branch of Open-WRT that is highly tunable. You need to tinker a little on the console to get IPv6 up and running, but once it is you can control aspects within the webui (firewall/QoS, RA's/DHCPv6 etc). Also works with SixXs AICCU & IP41 tunnels.

Another thing you can do, is ask Andrews & Arnolds to provide you with an L2TP tunnel & purchase 2 units of bandwith (a requirement). You should then get an allocation of /48. A lot of IPv6 devices (routerboards are for known fact) to accept native routed block (of 6) via L2TP tunnel.

I still suggest a RouterBoard 750G or 450G. Winbox is a very pleasent annoyance once you get to learn it. This will also future proof you should you ever get native. I've used one on Andrews & Arnold for gone a year and has not once failed me. It's also worked with a number of tunnel providers too.

Ian