Hello,

At 18:19 25/02/2012, you wrote:
** Chris Dennis <cgden...@btinternet.com> [2012-02-25 14:43]:
> Thanks for all the replies.
>
> I've just scored a D-Link DIR-615 router on eBay for £10, which I'll use
> for messing about with OpenWRT.  If that doesn't work, the Linksys
> E-series look promising.  Presumably all the manufacturers and ISPs will
> wake up to IPv6 eventually.
>
> Meanwhile I've taken Vic's advice to use a Hurricane Electric IPv6 tunnel.
>  Learning how to use it was fun, and I've written a summary of the process
> at http://www.fbcs.co.uk/wp/archives/533
>
> It's all a bit of a learning curve, but I'm finally catching up with the
> 21st century technology.
** end quote [Chris Dennis]

I'd be interested in how you get on with the D-Link router. I picked one up off
Freecycle/Freegle a while back and am now running DD-WRT on it.

How stable is this router?

My netgear dg834 frequently loses the connection.

Does WRT have QOS on it?
The old dg834 doesn't have it and it would be useful to tame errant users
in this household :)

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.6 (Nov 2010) on Mac Mini, Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups