On 16/09/13 16:41, Lisi wrote:
On Monday 16 September 2013 14:49:27 Tony Wood wrote:
On 16/09/13 12:23, Daniel Llewellyn wrote:
I think Facebook is probably the worst offender in terms of potential
privacy issues in regards to targeted advertising. I'm listed on there
as being Single, so Facebook ads have worked out that I obviously want
to date an Asian woman or a woman in uniform along with several other
dating-related adverts. Neither of these are necessarily true, and
presuppose that I want to date at all.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession
of a good fortune must be in want of a wife. However little known the
feelings or views of such a man may be on his first entering a
neighbourhood ..." - Jane Austen

Glad to see a fellow fan.  Were you able to quote or did you have to copy? ;-)

Lisi

Hi Lisi

I got the first one word-perfect but had to research for the second sentence. d:-)

(If you read 'The Independent', I believe I have a letter published in it tomorrow. It's about swatting flies. If you like, I'll send you a scan of the original Indy item and a copy of my letter.)

--

Tony Wood