Hi guys,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 08:46:37AM +0200, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> Hi Sachin,
>

> there is another fix Willy recently committed, its ff9c7e24fb [1]
> and its in the snapshots [2] since 1.6.4-20160426.
>
> This is supposed to fix the issue altogether.
>
> Please let us know if this works for you.

Yes it should fix this. Please note that I've got one report in 1.5 of
some huge transfers (multi-GB) stalling after this patch, and since I
can't find any case where it could be wrong nor can I reproduce it, I
suspect we may have a bug somewhere else (at least in 1.5) that was
hidden by the bug this series of patches fix. We had no such report on
1.6 however.

There's another case of high CPU usage which Cyril managed to isolate.
The issue has been present since 1.4 and is *very* hard to reproduce,
I even had to tweek some sysctls on my laptop to see it and am careful
not to reboot it. It is triggered by *some* pipelined requests. We're
currently working on fixing it, there are several ways to fix it but
all of them come with their downsides for now (one of them being a
different code path between 1.7 and 1.6/1.5/1.4 which doesn't appeal
me much).

This is why I'm still waiting before issuing a new series of versions.

In the mean time, feel free to test latest 1.6 snapshot and report any
issues you may face. I've really committed into getting these issues
fixed once for all, it's getting irritating to see such bugs surviving
but I never give up the fight :-)

Best regards,