Hi, guys.

On 2008/11/19 Szakáts Viktor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

> - How to install two Harbour versions in parallel with installation technique?

You can use HB_INSTALL_PREFIX to specify a local path.

> - How to use Harbour without admin/sudo rights with installation technique?
>  (suppose I'm on someone else's PC, or I'd like to ship a software
>  which includes Harbour, but I wouldn't like to ask for an admin pw
>  on installation)

Please assume you installed to $HOME/hbdevel, and that you are currently
in the root Harbour directory (where make_gnu.sh is)

(all of the following is a single line)

HB_INSTALL_PREFIX="$HOME/hbdevel" ./make_gnu.sh install

Then, to use the hb* tools, you can for example:

cd tests
LD_RUN_PATH="$HOME/hbdevel/lib" $HOME/hbdevel/bin/hbmk adirtest && ./adirtest

No need for admin rights. I hope the idea is clear...

> - How to move around a Harbour devl environment with installation technique?
>  (say, onto an external disk or USB drive, or to a backup disk)

Adjust LD_RUN_PATH accordingly.

HTH.
Best regards.

Lost