Mike, If you can program in old Basic (I think that is what you are saying), you can learn to program in Mumps. The hard part of Mumps is not really the language, but learning to read some of the older styles of programming in Mumps. But if you do not learn Mumps you surely will not be able to read the VistA Mumps code.
Jim Gray

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Schrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Billing Module for VistA

I agree, and I'd like to help, but my programming experience is limited to 35 year old recollection of BASIC.

Kevin Toppenberg wrote:

The real solution for this is going to have a formal billing package. There was a conference call with Fred Trotter who wanted to integrate
his free billing system with VistA.  But there was no one that started
the actual programming.

Kevin