Because if you use what is shipped out in email, you do not need to know M and
you don't need to modify VistA, and I thought it was a something thing that a
VB Programmer could deal with.

On Monday 06 February 2006 13:34, Greg Woodhouse wrote:
--- Nancy Anthracite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The output is delivered in an email message as I understand it, so
> you
> probably have to figure out how to parse that, not Mumps code.

It's true that mail is often used for message transport, but there's
really no reason why a VistA based solution couldn't opt for another
alternative. For example, VistA HL7 still supports e-mail as a possible
transport, but the most common option over TCP/IP is MLLP. There are
all kinds of options: HL7, HTTP, FTP, web services (probably over
HTTP), and so forth. Rather than being limited by what is being done
now, why not ask what best suits your needs?

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as
being self-evident."
--Arthur Schopenhauer