I see thre is a PAIDA as well for Python.

On Thursday 06 April 2006 10:40, Bhaskar, KS wrote:
Yes, Aida is what you think it is, but with just a JDBC driver, and no ODBC
 driver.  However, there is no good tutorial that I know of, and you have to
 figure out how to map the Fileman files to SQL tables.  Lots of potential,
 but not something for the faint-hearted.

A simpler route to SQL/ODBC access is KB_SQL (http:www.knowledgebasedsys.com)
 but you will need to buy a license, and you will need an ODBC/JDBC bridge.

-- Bhaskar
--------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Thu Apr 06 04:48:57 2006
Subject: [Hardhats-members] AIDA & GTM

Hi all,

In the URL : "http://www.sanchez.com/news_2001/nr_010618.asp";, I found the
 following data "The collection of open source GT.M applications includes
 Aida, a relational (SQL) engine for a GT.M database with an ODBC/JDBC driver
 and a Java GUI using the Swing classes".

What I could infer from the above is, Aida is a relational SQL Engine ... ie
 sort of interface to GTM dataface and ODBC/JDBC drivers are available to
 access this Aida.

Will the data entered into Aida will be automatically updated into GTM
 database ? Can we write our custom Java frontend to access the globals of
 GTM ? If yes can any one help me in finding tutorial / guidance sort of
 thing.

Thanks & Regards
Vittal.

M.S.Vittal