And what retail repair business does HP run?

I stand by my statement that by trying to be a "good guy" you are stealing from yourself. Though I agree the customer is much better served by bringing the machine to you to be work on at your convince vs. paying inflated on-site charges. I mean, what car repair place comes to your house & fixes your engine or changes your breaks??? =)

Wayne Johnson wrote:
At 11:14 AM 7/19/2005, warpmedia typed:

They're charging a set fee (and insane one) and getting it for REPEATED bad work on a daily basis. So yes, those of you charging less or feeling you need to give a customer a break are ripping yourselves off.

Are you kidding? We're killing HP. <lol>

See <http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/07/19/ap/business/main709913.shtml> where it talks about them cutting 14,500 Jobs especially in the area of [you guessed it] support.

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>