Read the story of Adam and Eve in the garden.
It's called having free will, and making the wrong choice.

LOL! So let me get this straight. You are willing worship a being who sets up two humans with a test he knows they'll fail (he is omniscient, after all) then when they fail, punishes them AND all their descendants. Screw that. I'll stick with my Norse gods and a bit of human sacrifice. At least one can appease them. <grin>

It's difficult for humans to understand an entity like God and all that entails.
Let me just say that God having foreknowledge of the outcome of an event
does not preclude it being a fair test, nor does it mean that humans aren't responsible for their choices in life.

Gary VanderMolen