Wayne Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: At 11:27 10-03-2007, Tharin Olsen
typed:
>I'm tired of burning new cd-rs every few weeks and to create a
>bootable flash drive with BartPE would be most excellent.

With the latest version of UltraIso you can edit the BartPE.iso file
directly instead of using PE Builder to recreate the same thing over
& over again plus using CDRW disks are cheaper in the long run.

I too have NOT been able to create a bootable USB flash drive w/
BartPE & Lord knows I've tried.

That reminds me I need to update the apps that I use on my XpPe disks.

Good tip on the UltraISO I remember using that program some years ago. I need
to check it out again. If it were for private or limited I'd use CD-RW but the
odds of a CD-RW not working in some random persons optical drive is higher than
that of a good quality CD-R. I own an on-site computer repair/service company
for residential and commercial end-users which means I have to work on all
sorts of systems everyday.  Some cheap drives won't read a disc that barely has
a scuff on it.

I've tried a few times to get a bootable flash drive with BartPE but haven't
managed to get it to work yet. Most instructions involve the use of a special
format utility from the likes of HP or to use Win98 because the way XP formats
them doesn't seem to work. Once I get a chance to spend some time with it again
I will share what I learned with the list. That is if I manage to get it to
work. :)

-Tharin O.