  From: Tharin Olsen
  To: The Hardware List
  Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 12:57 PM
  Subject: Re: [H] restoring policy's ?

  Download any of the tools below. I think the first two, SDFix and ComboFix,
are the most recent. Essentially they are self-extracting archives with batch
scripts that will reset the changed policy settings, scan for various trojans
and malware, then give you a final report when its over. If you understand what
details the report has it can clue you in on whether there is more material
that needs to be dealt with. Run them while in safe mode.

  SDFix
  http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe

  ComboFix
  http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

  SmitFraudFix
  http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix_En.php

  SmitRem
  http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/

  If its reeeaally messed up I'd recommend pulling the drive and scanning it
with a good computer with hopefully several antivirus tools i.e. AntiVir, AVG,
Avast, Panda, etc. And also sweep the drive with more than one Malware scanner
like Ad-aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, AVG AntiSpyware, or Webroot. Then
re-run one of the tools I posted the links for. If those steps dont take care
of it it may be better to just format and start over.

  -Tharin O.

  FORC5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Have a REALLY screwed up one. Spyware or something has basically locked out
everything. While I did get the control panel back none of the applets run.
gpedit.msc says file not found.

    can not manage users. Was able to fix this a little and it is better but
some of this needs to be restored. I suspect a whole system restore is needed
to be honest but I always respect a challenge. :-D

    Any suggestions will be helpful. ( or tools )
    fp

    --
    Tallyho ! ]:8)
    Taglines below !