This sounds RAID like but without the continuous backup of RAID, or are you backing up to an external drive? In my case, I was more concerned about data backups that can be easily taken offsite, so CD or DVD is the best choice (since I can't get people to spring for $1200 tape drives.) But after reading your comments and Brian's, I'm thinking they need a two fold system - weekly or daily system backups for catastrophic failure, and daily data backups. I had read some good things about Retrospect, and Genie Backup Manager (http://www.genie-soft.com/products/gbmpro/default.html) - any one have any comments on either of these?