I think one of the questions you need to ask is why are you doing the
backups?  What do you want from the solution?

For me, my primary reason is in case my boot HD fails. Secondary is to
speed up reinstalls because you know Windows is gonna need one every
6-12 months.  Recovery of accidentally deleted files was not something
I needed so my solution doesn't allow for that easily.  I think I can
mount of the .tib images and recover a file from it but I've never
tried and it would certainly be more difficult than another backup
solution, say Time Machine.

--
Brian Weeden