Why, on 2/3 did you send a much nicer message, and then on 2/4 get nasty with me?

DHSinclair wrote:
Ben,
I do appreciate your bold position. I even acknowledge that you have a greater grasp on this OS business. Perhaps I am not so paranoid, but rather I am very curious about what goes on with my machines. Yes, based on my very limited understanding of the OS I chose to use, except for many years of using its' parent in a commercial space.

I do build my machines to do what I wish for them to do. If I am wrong, so be it. But, when I find stuff on a given machine that I believe I did not install or enable, I ask this List. This is an educational resource for me. Excuse me if I struck a nerve.

Have a new item to question. Just noticed that the subject machine now has a new icon on the control panel - Wireless link. I have taken the machine apart and can not find any wireless gadget anywhere. Can I kill it?
Best,