The monster fancy stuff that had filtering (the higher end had higher "stages"
of filtering") drove me nuts because it definitely changed the sound, couldn't
put my finger on it but it sounded a bit duller. Most of this power filtering
crap is just that - crap. Pure snake oil. $5000 for a power cord? Awesome. I
don't want anything in the chain CHANGING the sound, for the good or worse.

I just plug my amp straight into the wall plug outlet. OH NOES!!! UNCLEAN
POWER!!! You can "surge" your entire house with a single device on the cheap
that will give the same amount protection and "clean power" that a>$1K monster
deck will provide, like here; http://www.dulley.com/docs/f760.htm

I'd just get an inexpensive multi-outlet device that looks esthetically
pleasing to your eye - and one that has the capacity to protect all of the
items plugged into it (and avoid putting things like laser printers on the
circuit). Just be mindful of any equipment that needs a 20amp run instead of 15.

> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:42:10 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
> Subject: [H] Surge suppressor / power filter
>
> Looking for what the list uses to protect their computers / home theater
> equipment. I'm a EE by training so you don't need to educate me on the
> benefits of clean power, I'm just looking for advice on what products people
> have used that are good and those that are crap. It would be protecting my
> home theater and a HTPC and a phone cable jack would be nice.
>
> I was thinking a Monster Power HTS 950 would do me just fine but I don't
> have a lot of experience with their products.
>
> -----
> Brian Weeden
> Technical Consultant
> Secure World Foundation

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power.