The thermalright and scythe flagships are considered the best overall - the
fact they are so monsterous make them a favorite among silentPC enthusiasts
because you can use relatively low noise/underpowered 120mm fans instead of
stock. The cooling cababilities of the XP 120 and Ninja (now all copper) with
stock fans and speeds, even on quad cores, is under-utilized at the moment.
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:20:09 -0600> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> hardware@hardwaregroup.com> Subject: [H] The best Socket 775 Heatsink/fan
> combo?> > Hi,> > I just wanted to get the collectives thoughts on
> heatsink/fan combo's> for a Q6600.> > I've been running it with the stock
> cooler for a while now but I'm> thinking of trying the 3Ghz overclock as most
> people seem to be able to> get there with no issues (this is the first system
> I have not> overclocked out the box). What would be the ultimate air cooling>
> solution? I'm not interested in liquid cooling.> > Thanks,> > Gary> If you
> are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, please notify the
> sender > and delete all copies immediately. The sender believes this message
> and any attachments > were sent free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and
> other forms of malicious code. > This message and its attachments could have
> been infected during transmission. The > recipient opens any attachments at
> the recipient's own risk, and in so doing, the > recipient accepts full
> responsibility for such actions and agrees to take protective > and remedial
> action relating to any malicious code. Travelport is not liable for any >
> loss or damage arising from this message or its attachments.> > >
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your
"fix".