Some games have addon/expansions like WoW, so chances are you'll get hit again in a year. Even is it every 2 years or not at all moot point, it's still $180/yr in subscription fees plus $50 initial investment.

Just as bad as that subscriptions is the micro-purchase sales model! the Sims3, PS3 w/ the $4 virtual items for your PS3 home space, WII Virtual Console, etc... Suck more money out of us, deliver less quality for it!

It's your money, blow it how you wish. Personally prefer to be on the receiving end of the blow for my money!

Brian Weeden wrote:
Where does $50/year come from?  You only need to buy the game once.

Brian Weeden
Technical Advisor
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundation.org>
+1 (514) 466-2756 Canada