Sorry, your point/counterpoint is? Think I'm missing something here.

On 5/1/2010 7:28 AM, Bryan Seitz wrote:
Well no, I've seen systems with 4G of memory show:

2.5G
2.8G
3.5G

with /PAE

:)

On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 12:30:54AM -0700, maccrawj wrote:
Not a bug, that's the Microsoft artificial memory map limit on 32bit OS to
(ostensibly) prevent driver issues caused by brain dead drivers writing to 64bit
addresses as if they were 32bit which is also why x64 is so draconian about
signed
drivers! In other words despite PAE MS prevents working outside 32bit/4GB memory
space on32bit OS. This was the subject of much discussion a few months ago here
and
someone posted a link to the conspiracy guy who "outed" M$' secret agenda, LOL.

Now assuming x64 hardware, switch to a x64 OS (caveat "The BIOS must support the
memory remapping feature") to get 4GB+ addressable w/ device memory mapped
above that.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605