Not as long as your BIOS has a hardware address space remap option that moves it above the installed memory. Without BIOS support to remap your assertion would be true.

I have an Asus Rampage, X48 chipset which does this. I have also seen older 64bit laptops that DO NOT have the BIOS option (Toshiba for one) AND are brain dead wired for no more than 4GB installed thus 3.25GB total, lose lose.

Another example is my Asus 1201N netbook which is Atom n330 dual core 64bit yet can't address more than 4GB. Why I am not exactly sure except I hear it shows up in BIOS but Vist/Win7 x64 listed as "hardware reserved" and unusable. Likely a BIOS support issue though people argue it's a chipset limitation imposed by Intel.