It depends on what the chipset can support. If you have 4GB installed but
the chipset supports addressing up to 8GB, then that leaves 4GB of address
space that can be used to map the video memory (and others) into. It is not
necessary to map the video memory into actual memory--just within the
supported address space.

That all assumes that you are running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're
running 32-bit, then everything has to map into the 4GB space.

RAM.
> When I right-click on My Computer and select properties, it says I have
> 6.0GB.  On my work machine (4GB RAM) with XP and 2 graphic cards, it says
> have about 2.89GB RAM.
>
> Bobby

RAM