Stan,
Yes, I do much the same each month after I do my WinUpdates. I digested the link Mike shared. Nice read. I'm now waiting for the internal timers to work post yesterday's WinUpdates. Minor quibble!

At least I now accept that my 'more modern' C2D/Asus P5Q systems seem to run just about like the link Mike shared. Fair Dinkum!

But I have yet to see my really old XP systems (2) that only get turned on for major app updates (~every 2wks) ever create a Restore Point at boot up. Smaller quibble! Much smaller because these 2 machines are old; one is an Asus CUBX/P3-800, and, the other is an AMD Barton 2500+/Asus A7N8X-E-Deluxe.

BTW: FORC5 is NOT crazy! Asus A7N8X series m/b's have lousy RTC logic. Mine is now screwing up even w/XP locked to the NIST clock in CO. LOL! Another old soldier for the pasture! Luckily I can still force these 2 old cranky PC's to reset their clocks ATM.

I so like this RP protection. Now, I have some info to customize/throttle it just a bit. Maybe........ :)
Best,
Duncan