Hello Duncan,

For Windows XP:

1. Right Click on an empty space on the desktop.
2. Select Properties
3. Switch to Desktop Tab
4. Select Customize Desktop...
5. In the General Tab under Desktop icon, make My Computer selected on
6. Select OK
7. Select Apply
8. Select OK

The My Computer Icon should be there on the Desktop now.

For Windows Vista / 7/ or 8.x

1. Right Click an empty spot on the desktop
2. Select Personalize
3. Select Change Desktop Icons
4. Select the Computer selection on
5. Select Apply
Select OK

The Computer or This PC icon should be on the Desktop now.

Regards,

Tim Lider