Enrico Migliore wrote:
The class library native code uses the Harmony portlib to access much of
the OS-specific code covered in APR.  Rather than rewrite those natives,
and loose the additional characteristics of the portlib, it would make
more sense to implement the portlib on APR if that were desirable.

I think I'm missing something: last week, we all agreed on "adopting" the APR library for the native stuff, except for the windowing subsystem. That means to me that all the functions of JCHEVM and the Harmony, that need to access an OS/platform service (filesystem, network, etc.) should call the APR library.

I think you two are in heated agreement. There are two different
things: jchevm and classlib. For jchevm, it makes sense to port it
to APR directly. For classlib (i.e., classlib's native code), it makes
sense to port classlib's "portlib" layer to APR, rather than discarding
portlib.

-Archie