Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> I don't consider being able to do an online build of any historical
> version that important.  Because our releases will be archived, any
> dependencies included in the build will be archived on the mirror
> system, so any build should be reproducable.

Mainly, I would be in favor of "also" storing the dependencies of the
*head* trunk revision somewhere on the web site or ftp site, for
practical reasons (simplifying the life of contributors to the trunk).
Yet, as this is an old and settled subject, I won't push the discussion
forward.

I'll simply cast a modest retroactive "-1 vote" on this issue, for what
it's worth.   [Or a +1 vote on providing the dependencies of head trunk
revision in a single location, somewhere outside of the repository]  ;-)

Cheers,

Etienne