Hi Stepan,

As I recall it ( I've not my morning coffee yet so it could get a bit unreliable here :-) ) the motivation for wanting resource files on the classpath was to enable serialization data files to be read in by test programs without depending on specific file locations. Copying such serialization data files to a bin location prior to running the tests obviously gets them on the classpath in a very simple way.

The documentation for the Ant copy task states that that "files are only copied if the source file is newer than the destination file". I interpret that as meaning that we should not expect to see the copying of thousands of files each time we run the tests.

Best regards,
George

Stepan Mishura wrote:
Hi George,

Some time ago we agreed to copy resource files to classpath (i.e. bin/test
directory). I saw that you added corresponing targets to build files. But
now I realized that I don't understand why we should copy them instead of
simply adding resource directory (i.e. src/test/resources) to classpath. May
be there are simple reasons to do this that I don't know but anyway ... so
why we have to copy thousands of files (there is no doubt that in future we
will have thousands of resource files) each time we run tests?
Thanks,
Stepan Mishura