Oliver Deakin wrote:
George Harley wrote:
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
Of course, the text module has only "implementation-independent tests that designed to be run from classpath". For modules that have got implementation-specific tests then I suppose we could use something like "org.apache.harmony.[module].tests.impl.[package under test]" or "org.apache.harmony.[module].tests.internal.[package under test]" etc. I've got no preference.

I think impl is preferable over internal here, as we already use internal in our implementation package names to indicate classes totally internal to that bundle. To also use internal to label tests that are implementation specific may cause confusion.

I think the whole 'internal' thing is just awful IMO. (Man, it feels good to stay that...)

Why do we need it?  Eclipse?  OSGi?

Isn't it pre-supposing a packaging system in the source code structur? (one that I think is pretty unnatural for java programmers....)

I'm 100% behind offering the Harmony classlibs packaged for OSGi, but I'm 100% against assuming it's the only way to go...