Mikhail Loenko wrote:
Hello

I'd like to bring this thread back.

Number of tests is growing and it is time to put them in order.

So far we may have:

1) implementation-specific tests that designed to be run from bootclasspath
2) implementation-specific tests that might be run from classpath
3) implementation-specific tests that designed to be run from classpath
4) implementation-independent tests that designed to be run from bootclasspath
5) implementation-independent tests that might be run from classpath
6) implementation-independent tests that designed to be run from classpath

I think there is no "might".

Also we seem to have the following packages, where the tests are:

1) the same package as implementation
2) org.apache.harmony.tests.[the same package as implementation]
3) tests.api.[the same package as implementation]

I suggest that we work out step-by-step solution as we could not reach
an agreement for the general universal one

yes!

So for the first step I suggest that we separate i-independent tests
that must or may be run from classpath

yes!

I suggest that we put them into package
tests.module.compatible.[package of implementation being tested]

No!

I think we should keep org.apache.harmony as the prefix for the package namespace so we don't collide or get confused with others...