DRLVM compiled fine on my home computer. Eclipse works.
Configuration:
 Gentoo stable, not much up to date.
 gcc (GCC) 3.3.6 (Gentoo 3.3.6, ssp-3.3.6-1.0, pie-8.7.8)
 Binutils: 2.16.1
 Kernel: 2.6.15.6

One build issue:
When using /usr/bin/ant compilation failed even for ant-1.6.5, I have
compiled custom ant in home directory and it worked for me.

I'm going to upgrade to Gcc 4.x and fix the compilation on it.
--
Ivan

On 5/4/06, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4 May 2006 at 13:58, "Andrey Chernyshev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Mark Hindess wrote:
> > Using gcc 3.3.6, I'm stuck building native of vm.jitrino with link
> > errors:
>
> I can suggest that link errors may be result of previous compilation
> with GCC 4.0 and then subsequent attempt to link with GCC 3.3.6.
> You may do the "build clean" first if you are changing the things like
> compiler, or, manually delete the directory
> Harmony/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_release before rebuilding.

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried.  That got rid of some errors but
left me with the ones I posted.

> We didn't check that this can be built on a whole variety of existing
> Linux distributions and different GCC versions, this would be a huge
> task that only Harmony can afford to do :)

Absolutely.  I'm certainly not complaining.  I'm just trying to help
others avoid tripping over the same problems that I'm seeing ... and
hopefully fixing. ;-)

> One of the configurations that worked fine was:
> SuSE Linux 9.2 (i586)
> kernel release: 2.6.8-24-smp
> gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (pre 3.3.5 20040809)

This is v. useful.  Thanks.

Hmm.  That is a slightly older gcc than the version I'm using.  As a
first step, I might try to build with that exact version.  If/when I get
something that works, I can start to investigate the differences.

Regards,
Mark.