On 7/17/06, Salikh Zakirov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone share their experience on running DRLVM built from SVN?
Removing classlib from drlvm build is a big improvement.  At this
point, I develop only on windows.  No recent experience with the Linux
build.  ant seems to have intermittant problems with windows file
paths that have blanks in them.  The error messages are very vague.
For example, "set JAVA_HOME=c:\Program Files\jdk..." causes strange
problems.

On my workstations, it requires several fixes in order to run properly:

HARMONY-898 'workaround to get correct hythr.dll' (both for Linux and Windows)
HARMONY-853 'DRLVM+classlib segfaults in hyzlib' (on Linux)

Without HARMONY-898, DRLVM segfaults after reading NULL from TLS.
Without HARMONY-853, DRLVM segfaults in libhyzlib.so on Linux.

I would suggest that the patches from HARMONY-898 and HARMONY-853 be applied,
because DRLVM doesn't work at all for me without these fixes.

I don't see the segfaults.  It might be because the initial port of
MMTk does not involve threads.

Any other experiences? Is anyone besides me running DRLVM from SVN?

Getting the debugger to single step through unoptimized jitrino.jet
code shows the build system needs some work.  I don't want to plunge
into fixing make files until I have more experience with the build
system but it definitely needs fixing!

Weldon Washburn