On 7/27/06, Alex Blewitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What effect would there be if we were communicating (via RMI) with an
implementation of a remote VM that isn't harmony? I.e.,if we have a
String "asdfasdfasdf" which hashes to (say) 8 on a Harmony VM, and a
remote implementation uses a hash of 12 for the same value, would that
cause any problems in an RMI layer? Do we care about such a scenario?

I do not think this is a problem.
We can't be serialization-compatible with RI because our classes have a
different set of private fields and only interfaces are the same.

--
Mikhail Fursov