Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x1E5 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
>>> Am I doing something wrong? do we build with 'build.sh' yet?
>> ?
>>
>> I build only w/ build.sh
>>
>> Here's how I work these days : I have checked out
>>
>>      enhanced/trunk
>>
>> and run "ant" in that directory, which will do a svn switch on
>> working_classlib and working_vm, checking out the head of
>> classlib/trunk and drlvm/trunk into those two directories.
>
> trying...
> "ant" from "enhanced/trunk" failed on "build.native", could not find
> lcms.h and icc34.h

sounds like a dependency problem...  we need to document those.  I'll do
that in a fresh install of Ubuntu sometime.

> looks exactly as this failure:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-commits/200607.mbox/[EMAIL
>  PROTECTED]
>
>> If you let that run, it will build classlib and drlvm, and then
>> package in to hdk and jre, but I don't use this in my day to day life.
>>
>> I tend to go into either working_vm and build there via build/build.sh
>> (note you need to either set -Dextern.dep.CLASSLIB.loc correctly, or
>> just have a drlvm.properties file in working_vm/build or when I need a
>> classlib update, go up into working_classlib, do an svn update, and
>> then ant.
>
> this one does not allow me to build.sh update on downloading
> XALAN. This is a kind of problem that appeared when classlib was not
> built, but now it looks like built successfully.
>
> trying more...

Simple.  You need to tell the DRLVM build where to find the built
classlib.  Right now it assumes a structure like :

  enhanced/classlib/trunk
  enhanced/drlvm/trunk

but with the "federated build" structure of

  enhanced/trunk/
                working_vm/
                working_classlib/

I just put a file called "drlvm.properties" into

  enhanced/trunk/working_vm/build

that contains

external.dep.CLASSLIB.loc=../../../working_vm

and then I can go into working_classlib and refresh and build, and
working_vm just picks that up on build and local assembly of jre.