On the 0x1E8 day of Apache Harmony Egor Pasko wrote:

> > > this one does not allow me to build.sh update on downloading
> > > XALAN. This is a kind of problem that appeared when classlib was not
> > > built, but now it looks like built successfully.
> > >
> > > trying more...
> >
> > Simple.  You need to tell the DRLVM build where to find the built
> > classlib.  Right now it assumes a structure like :
> >
> >   enhanced/classlib/trunk
> >   enhanced/drlvm/trunk
> >
> > but with the "federated build" structure of
> >
> >   enhanced/trunk/
> >                 working_vm/
> >                 working_classlib/
> >
> > I just put a file called "drlvm.properties" into
> >
> >   enhanced/trunk/working_vm/build
> >
> > that contains
> >
> > external.dep.CLASSLIB.loc=../../../working_vm
>
> gotcha! :)
> external.dep.CLASSLIB.loc=../../../working_classlib
>
> maybe, put it in SVN directly? are there any caveats?
>
> > and then I can go into working_classlib and refresh and build, and
> > working_vm just picks that up on build and local assembly of jre.
>
> building further, drinking coffee..

interesting... if I build working_classlib and working_drlvm
separately, there is no issue with lcms.h, and the build is successful
(i.e. let's get rid of this lcms.h dependency later on)

And yet, I just cannot run it...

bash-boom-bang$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`:`pwd`/default ./java -showversion -cp
<...> Hello
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
java version "1.5.0"
pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
svn = r446534, (Sep 18 2006), Linux/ia32/gcc 3.3.3, debug build
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony
free(): invalid pointer 0xbfffd0b8!
SIGSEGV in VM code.
Stack trace:
        1: free (??:-1)
        2: ?? (??:-1)
        3: hymem_free_memory (??:-1)
        4: find_call_JNI_OnLoad
(/export/users/evpasko/svn/harmony/enhanced/trunk/working_vm/vm/vmcore/src/util/natives_support.cpp:117)
        5: properties_free (??:-1)
        6: find_call_JNI_OnLoad
(/export/users/evpasko/svn/harmony/enhanced/trunk/working_vm/vm/vmcore/src/util/natives_support.cpp:117)
        7: ?? (??:-1)
        8: readClassPathFromPropertiesFile (??:-1)
        9: ?? (??:-1)
        10: ?? (??:-1)
        11: ?? (??:-1)
        12: ?? (??:-1)
        14: _dl_runtime_resolve (??:-1)
        16: JNI_OnLoad (??:-1)
<end of stack trace>
Segmentation fault

Am I running the Harmony Launcher? Should I run it somewhat
differently?