On 10/16/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We're a volunteer project, so "supported" is based on interest in
> community.  Lets be clear by writing down a set of platforms that we as
> a community commit to support.
>
> I think we can define "support" as - "one or more people in the
> community tests on that platform on a regular basis, there are users
> that use that platform, and we have people volunteering to find and fix
> bugs that specifically affect that platform"
>
> Just throw things out there and we'll gather the results and see what's
> popular.  We'll summarize in 3 days.  Please be clear in indicating what
> you think should be reported.  Don't vote against anything. To start,
> using a broad brush :
>

> Windows
> =======
> Windows XP x86
>
> Linux
> =====
> Ubuntu 6 x86
> Ubuntu 5 x86
> RHEL  (version ?) x86
> FC (version ?) x86
> SUSE (verion ?) x86

My RHEL version is 2.6.9. I have a SUSE version 11. On Windows, I would
suggest both XP and Windows Server 2003. Toolchains are a somewhat othogonal
topic, I think.

As Mikhail points out, we may want to clarify the minimum machine model (
Pentium III in x86 case ). I think we also de facto decided to support EM64T
and IPF on Linux  on other threads.

When Vista is out, we should support it both on 32 and 64 bit.