On 10/17/06, Fedotov, Alexei A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We have mighty guys on this list. Why cannot we just fix these tests
instead of excluding them?

I suggest starting with basic threading issues such as
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.ThreadTest,
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.ThreadGroupTest - they reliably
fail in my environment. I volunteer for checking reliability of fixes.

The ThreadTest fails stabily due to HARMONY-1789 and intermittently due to
HARMONY-1876 (the test's problem).
I've never seen the ThreadGroupTest failure.

Gregory asked why this test fails on RI too. It looks like the RI
implementation of Thread.destroy() and ThreadInterrupt() for new, terminated
and current thread contradicts the spec. RI failures on getState() look
unexpected. I'll look at the test.

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Middleware Products Division

So
>far I
>> know about 3 tests which fail for sure:
>>
>> gc.LOS - stably hangs on windows XP
>> gc.Finalizer and gc.PhantomReferenceQueue - fail because of incorrect
CCE
>> condition detected, fail with rate less than 100%. Ok I've just read
that
>> Geir has excluded them already
>>
>> Are there any other tests which don't work perfectly to do a clean
tests
>run?
>> I think we need it do make minimal commit checks for drlvm.
>>
>> I've seen java.lang.ThreadTest in kernel tests to output something
that
>it has
>> failed on reference JRE. Is this test correct if it doesn't work on
RI?
>The
>> failure however doesn't seem to make test run to fail so maybe we
could
>leave
>> this test for now.
>>
>> I also have a question about 15 smoke tests excluded with XXX or
X_int