Richard Liang wrote:

Tim Ellison wrote:
Richard Liang wrote:
Tim Ellison wrote:
Richard Liang wrote:
On 11/7/06, Nathan Beyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I believe we're down to agreeing to the Objects/Threads classes [1] in luni-kernel and getting them implemented in DRLVM and the donated IBM VM. I believe the Unsafe class needs to be re-implemented with these
interfaces, but that may already be done.
Yes, I just run testNG successfully by appending suncompat.jar and
luni-kernel-stubs.jar to bootclasspath ;-)
Why do you need to put the stubs on the bootclasspath? and there is a
sun.misc.Unsafe in the DRLVM kernel.jar so I expect you are using that.
Sorry ;-) I'm using IBM VME which does not include
"org.apache.harmony.kernel.vm.Objects" and
"org.apache.harmony.kernel.vm.Threads". I will try it with DRLVM.

I'm still confused.  If you are using stubs that do not actually
implement Objects and Threads do you mean that we need Unsafe for TestNG but it doesn't actually use it? I feel that I'm missing something here.
Maybe it's true that Unsafe is not actually used because I only tried the simplest test scenario which does not use "parallel running" ;-)

And yes, when I try to run the tests with annotation "@Test(threadPoolSize = 3, invocationCount = 10, timeOut = 10000)", the tests hang. I guess the reason is that I use the stubs of Objects and Threads. ;-)
Update: Same tests pass on RI and Harmony with DRLVM.

Best regards,
Richard

Best regards,
Richard