Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> We are doing this to conform to some convention, right?  If the
> covention for jvm.dll is a standard invocation API, why would we also
> bundle in the harmony-specific VMI API?

No, take a look at the exports from a jvm.dll, it is the standard
invocation API + vm-specific APIs.  I suggest we do the same (though in
our case it is the two additional Harmony-specific VMI functions).

> Why not keep that separate and try to push that forward as a convention
> as well?

Why try create another convention when there is one in use in the wild?

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.